Twenty Ninth Store believes in transparency, and we’re 100% dedicated to protecting your privacy and security.
The personal information we collect
We use your information in a number of different ways, what we do depends on the information: Your Personal Details, such as: your name, date of birth, gender, address, email address, social media handle, screen name and phone number.
What Twenty Ninth Store does
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to: Communicate with you; Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Other information on what we do:
- Identify you when you visit our website or contact us
- Send your purchases to you.
- Ensure you are directed to the right part of our website.
- Update you with account and service updates, such as updates to our Terms and Conditions and order confirmations.
- Manage your participation in any promotions, offers or discount schemes you choose to participate in.
- Send you order information by text or e-mail. In order for you to know when your order is due to arrive.
- Send you information about our products and services. You can decide what you hear from us and what you hear about.
Your contact history with Twenty Ninth Store
Any conversations you have transmitted to TWENTY NINTH STORE, for example: by email, on instant chat, on Social Media, or in private message. If you contact us by phone, calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
Other purposes of saving our contact history:
- To provide customer service and support.
- To improve the services and support we provide to you.
Purchase history and saved items
Any previous purchases, searches, saved information or saved for later products, and when you have asked us to tell you that an item is back in stock on the site.
In order to keep track of items you like and to update you when we have new availability and let you share them. To assist you get to the products that you like as fast as possible. This is an optional service.
Handle returns in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and provide customer service and support. We must know what’s been bought in order to make a refund, when applicable.
Analyse what you have: bought, searched for, or returned, this helps us find out what you like.
How you use our website and the information collected
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
- Identify you when you visit our website. This is so we know the language and currency you prefer, and it also helps us to protect your information.
- Send information about our products and services to you.
- Show you TWENTYNINTHSTORE.com adverts as your browse the web. In order for you to see our latest products and deals that we think suit you.
- Monitor visitors to our site and analyse their behaviour. To protect our website and to help improve our service.
We collect device information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. See Cookies Policy for more.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information including credit card numbers, email address, PayPal details and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Information from social media or third-party accounts you link to us
By linking any Social Media account or any of your third-party accounts to us. We will keep a record of your Social Media handle, and the other information that is made available to us according to your Social Media account settings.
We allow you to link your Social Media account to your TWENTY NINTH STORE account, this is so you can log on simply and easily without having to create a specific account. To make it easier for you to use TWENTYNINTHSTORE.com
Analysis to understand what you like, how you might share your likes with your friends and how you might influence others with your style. We may invite you to take part in: surveys, reward schemes and other fashion related activities.
Provide product recommendations.
If you post comments about Twenty Ninth Store, tag Twenty Ninth Store or post photos to our social media pages
Monitor our customers views and/or opinions. In order to respond to you or react, particularly if you are unhappy with something. It is important for us to know what you think about us.
We use public sources of information to help us investigate fraudulent activity. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or TWENTY NINTH STORE. This is important to product us and our users.
Your responses to surveys, feedback and competitions
We occasionally ask for feedback on our products or how you feel we are doing. In general, responses are anonymized, however we may want to respond to you direct, for example if you are not content with something. Its optional to take part.
Manage the competitions that you choose to enter and get prizes to the winners. We will let you know how we use your data at the point of entry. We need to inform you if you win.
Other identifiable information
Every customer has their own ID. This allows us to distinctively recognise you.
We sometimes need to ask for proof of identity, for example to confirm it is you that placed an order, or if you say you are a student.
You don’t have to give us all of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that. We also anonymise personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our: IT systems, data analysis, refining our site, research and developing new products and services.
Fraud prevention and detection
We use any of the above categories of information to identify, prevent and detect fraud, against either you or against TWENTY NINTH STORE.
We also use Purchase history data, to protect our service and uphold our Terms of Service as part of our contract commitment to you, as part of this we may make use of computer-system decisions to protect TWENTY NINTH STORE and our Service.
Personalising your Twenty Ninth Store experience
We use the data we collect to help us provide you with the best service, the best shopping experience and to show you the latest and greatest products and services.
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies in the group, as sometimes different bits of our group are responsible for different activities
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts
- Affiliates who help us reach out to potential new customers or promote our products on their websites
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies
- You may choose to take advantage of some of our additional services, in which case, depending on your choices we may share your data with the following categories of companies to fulfil the services you have asked for:
- Social Media sites (for example if you choose to link your accounts to us) and other companies approved by you
- Product size and fit advisors to help you choose the right products
- Store sellers where you place a marketplace order; and
- Other third-party payment providers, when you choose to use their payment services
If you would like to know more about the 3rd parties we may share personal data with, or how to find out more on how they will use your data, please contact us at the details below. We may also provide third parties with aggregated and anonymised information and analytics about our customers. Before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
If you sign up, we’ll send you marketing messages to keep you up to date of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products and services.
How to stop marketing messages from twentyninthstore.com
You have the following options:
- Emails: You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any marketing email you receive, so you can unsubscribe from that method of communication.
- Text Messages: You can also text “stop” to the number provided within the communication and this will unsubscribe you from that method of communication.
- Any method of Marketing: You can contact our Customer Support team. Once you do this, we will update our records to ensure that you don’t receive any further marketing messages.
If you tell us you don’t want to receive marketing messages it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so we would ask for your patience as you might get messages from us while we process your request. Please note that opting out of marketing messages will not stop service communications, such as order updates, or where you have asked for a specific ‘back in stock’ notification.
How to stop marketing messages from Twenty Ninth Store
All Twenty Ninth Store customers have the option to receive marketing communications from Twenty Ninth Store and/or selected third parties. If you decide you no longer want marketing communications, you can opt out.
Seeing adverts for twentyninthstore.com online
Storing your information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you continue to be a Twenty Ninth Store customer and for as long as we are required to keep it to ensure we meet our legal requirements across the globe. If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can contact our Customer Support team and request that we close your account. However, we have a legal requirement to keep some of your personal data even after you have asked us to delete it. We will only keep what we absolutely need to, and only to make sure we can meet our legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions.
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do
- The right to withdraw consent for any consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to ask us to explain any computer-system decision about you
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us. As a starting point, we have 30 days in which to respond to you. Our contact details are at the end of this Policy.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Changes to how protect Your privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Twenty Ninth Store website or other Twenty Ninth Store services, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use Twenty Ninth Store.
How to contact us
We always want to hear from our customers.
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint Please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Support team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You can contact our privacy team by dropping us a line at [email protected] or else through via the Twenty Ninth Store website. Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at:
TWENTY NINTH STORE
20-22 WENLOCK ROAD
What are cookies?
Cookies are data files that can hold small amounts of information and are stored on your device (computer, smartphone etc) when you first visit a website.
How do we use them?
- essential operations, for example site navigation
- assessing the success of our advertising campaigns, offers and communications
- enabling you to add items to your shopping bag or to your Saved Items
- analysing visitor numbers and behaviours
- targeting suitable advertising messages
- understanding which Affiliates have helped us reach out to new customers, or have promoted our products on their websites
What types of cookies do we use?
There are four main types.
(1) Site functionality cookies – allow you to navigate the website and use our features, for example “Add to Bag”
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to make improvements both to the functionality of the website and your customer experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you're browsing or shopping on Twenty Ninth Store, these cookies will retain your preferences (for example your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as easy as possible, and more targeted toward you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these are used in order to deliver ads relevant to you. In addition to this, they also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
How to manage your cookies
The majority of browsers enable you to manage your cookies saved on your device, just head to the help section of your browser. If you modify your settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access parts of our site or our service.
In addition to cookies, there are other similar technologies used by Twenty Ninth Store and elsewhere on the web or in mobile ecosystems.
- Web beacons: These are tiny graphics (sometimes called “clear GIFs” or “web pixels”) with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page.
- Social widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget, and are controlled by the third parties.
- UTM codes: These are strings that can appear in a URL (the “Uniform Resource Locator”, which is typically the http or https address entered to go to a web page) when a user moves from one web page or website to another, where the string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent the user to the receiving website.
- Application SDKs: These are mobile application third-party software development kits that are embedded in the Apps (and are used in many mobile applications). These app SDKs permit the collection of information about the app itself, activity in the app, and the device the application is running on.
- Local Storage Objects: These are sets of data that can be stored on your browser by a site or app. They can be used to maintain preferences, a history of usage, or even the state or settings of a site or an app.
- Internet of Things identifiers: Like mobile identifiers, internet-connected devices such as voice activated assistants or smart TVs may send identifiers and other data analogous to web browsers or mobile SDKs.
Twenty Ninth Store uses Cookie Technologies to recognise your logged-in state on Twenty Ninth Store, to understand what purchases members and visitors are interested in, to make Twenty Ninth Store’s Sites function for you, and to help your browsing experience and use of the Site, Services, and Apps feel more customised. More generally, Twenty Ninth Store uses Cookie Technologies for the following.
Security and authentication (strictly necessary)
Some cookie and similar technology functions are necessary and vital to ensuring that Twenty Ninth Store works properly for visitors and members, such as maintaining the security, safety, and integrity of the Site, authentication and logging into Twenty Ninth Store (including remembering permissions and consents you have granted), and ensuring the ability to securely complete transactions.
Account and user preferences
Some technologies are used to remember your account and preferences over time, such as keeping yourself logged in when returning to Twenty Ninth Store, maintaining your choices on Twenty Ninth Store features and how you want Twenty Ninth Store to appear (including keeping track of your preferred language and country), and customising content based on how you use Twenty Ninth Store.
Social networks may also work with Twenty Ninth Store or with you for analytics or for marketing purposes, as discussed below. You may be able to manage your privacy preferences for these social networks and their tools and widgets via your account with the social network.
Performance and analytics
Some technologies help provide performance data on how the Services are functioning in order to improve Twenty Ninth Store and the Services, including, for example, data on site and app functionality and speed to help us optimise Twenty Ninth Store, how the Services are used to help us improve your experience on Twenty Ninth Store, and detecting and gathering reporting on bugs to help make Twenty Ninth Store work better.
In addition, Twenty Ninth Store may employ transient technologies, including cookies or local stored objects, for site performance, experiments, form information, and interactions with the site, and may use temporary, short-term cookies for limited-time site events such as sales and promotions.
The Site employs Google Analytics to help understand how Twenty Ninth Store is used by its community. For some of the advertising features listed below, like retargeting, data from Google Analytics may be combined with Twenty Ninth Store’s first-party data and third-party cookies (like Google’s advertising cookies) as permitted by Google’s and Twenty Ninth Store’s respective policies. To see how to opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features, see Managing your Cookie Technology Preferences at the bottom of this policy. The Site also employs Facebook App Events SDKs for analytics in the Apps in a similar fashion, subject to your Opt-Out.
You can find more information on how Google Analytics works in this Google guide and on Facebook App Events here.
Twenty Ninth Store partners with third-party service providers that may use various Cookie Technologies to permit us and them to learn about which ads you see and click when you visit Twenty Ninth Store, the Apps, and affiliated sites or to show you ads on and off Twenty Ninth Store. These may include things such as:
- Frequency capping, which limits the number of times a user’s browser or mobile device displays the same ad;
- Attribution tracking, which estimates which advertising or marketing source brought someone to Twenty Ninth Store, or determines which marketing source led to actions like a visit or a purchase;
- Remarketing and retargeting, which shows relevant ads to an audience based on prior shopping and browsing patterns on Twenty Ninth Store;
- Audience targeting, which refers to targeting advertisements to a large audience based on the audience’s known or inferred demographics; and
- Cross-device recognition, which recognises actions across multiple devices or browsers. Some third-party service providers may provide information like demographics, cross-device information, or interest categories from a combination of sources that, while not identifying you personally, permit us to provide you with more relevant and useful advertising. In some cases, this information may have non-marketing performance analytics uses as well.
These technologies allow a partner to recognise your computer, mobile device or network device (like an IoT device such as a voice-activated assistant or smart TV), each time you visit Twenty Ninth Store or other websites and mobile applications based on data like a cookie, your IP address, or device ID, but do not allow access to other personal information from Twenty Ninth Store. However, these technologies may allow us or a third party to recognise you, either from a single device or across devices, over time. These third parties are required to follow applicable laws, self-regulatory programmes, and Twenty Ninth Store’s data protection rules where applicable. Twenty Ninth Store does not have control over these third parties, who each have their own privacy policies and privacy practices. Twenty Ninth Store adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising.
For audience targeting, Twenty Ninth Store may share hashed identifiers that represent an email address or name with partners Google and/or Facebook so they can provide. Twenty Ninth Store with audiences interested in specific types of products and services. Google and/or Facebook will only provide this information, and can only identify you, based on their separate policies and agreements with their users. More information is provided in Twenty Ninth Store’s Cookies and Similar Technologies Disclosures.
Services in the apps (SDKs)
The Apps may include third-party application software development kits (“SDKs”) that provide mobile performance and analytics data, bug reporting features, and application program interfaces ("APIs") to third parties that help provide the Services, for social media functionality, and for marketing and advertising.
4. Consent, contract, and legitimate interests in processing
Certain Cookie Technologies are employed to make the Site function for its intended purpose, and are provided based on contractual necessity based on your agreement with Twenty Ninth Store to perform the services you have requested. These include the functions strictly necessary to the service noted above.
By choosing to use our Services after having been notified of our use of Cookie Technologies in the ways described in this Policy, and, in applicable jurisdictions, through notice and unambiguous acknowledgement of your consent, you agree to such use.
5. Managing your cookie technology preferences
You have the ability to control the use of certain Cookie Technologies. You can opt out of third party marketing cookies and similar technologies via the Privacy Settings link available at the bottom of most Twenty Ninth Store site pages, or via the GDPR Preferences link for users in the European Union and EEA.
Opt-in and opt-out for browsers
In addition, when you use Twenty Ninth Store via a browser, you can change your web browser's settings to reflect your cookie preferences. Each browser is a little different, but usually these settings are under the "options" or "preferences" menu. The links below provide information about cookie settings for the browsers supported by Twenty Ninth Store:
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer
Opt-out of third-party networks
If you do not wish to have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertisements, in addition you may decline to receive interest based ads through TrustE/TrustArc’s preferences manager (or if you are located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not stop you from being served advertisements. You will continue to receive generic advertisements. If you reject or block all cookies in your browser settings, you will not be able to take advantage of Twenty Ninth Store’s Services as some cookies are necessary for the Site to function properly.
You can learn more about managing your preferences for ads online, particularly for many third-party advertising networks, through resources made available by the Digital Advertising Alliance at https://www.aboutads.info or the Network Advertising Initiative at https://optout.networkadvertising.org.
Google analytics opt-out
For Google Analytics Advertising Features, you can opt-out through Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI's consumer opt-out listed above). Google also provides a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for the web.
Both Google and Facebook provide tools to control use of advertising on their respective platforms, including advertising on and with Twenty Ninth Store. More information can be found in your account settings on the respective platforms, including in Google’s Privacy Centre and in Facebook’s Ad Settings.
6. Contact Us
If you have questions about the use of Cookie Technologies at Twenty Ninth Store, contact us at [email protected]or write to us at:
TWENTY NINTH STORE, 20-22 WENLOCK ROAD, LONDON, N17GU
Twenty Ninth Store is devoted to protecting your intellectual property: rights, copyrights and trademarks.
Whilst Twenty Ninth Store cannot control everything that is loaded to twentyninthstore.com, we do our best to ensure that the items listed do not breach upon: copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
If you think that your intellectual property rights have been infringed, alert our customer care team and we will examine this as soon as possible.
Twenty Ninth Store works with a strong zero-tolerance policy against anyone found to be selling counterfeit goods on TWENTYNINTHSTORE.COM
By giving us content, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, binding, royalty-free, sublicensable right to exercise any and all copyright, trademarks, publicity, database rights and intellectual property rights you have in the content, in any media identified now or in the future.
In addition to this, you waive all moral rights you have in the content to the fullest degree permitted by law.
By uploading your content to Twenty Ninth Store you undertake that you own and/or have all the rights to use such content in this means and that this does not infringe any third-party intellectual property rights.
If Twenty Ninth Store receives a complaint in respect of any content posted by you it shall be your sole responsibility to deal with such a complaint and Twenty Ninth Store is permitted to ask you to compensate it for any loss suffered.
Twenty Ninth Store reserves the right to remove any infringing (or potentially infringing) content immediately.
Your responsibility to us & liability
Our site is a platform to allow anyone to offer, sell, and buy at any time, from anywhere, in a fixed price format.
At no point do we have possession of anything listed or sold through Twenty Ninth Store (unless these are own label goods, in which we will state in the listing)We do not review users’ listings or content. While we may help simplify the resolution of disputes through various programmes, we have no control over and do not guarantee:
- the quality, safety or legality of items advertised;
- the truth or accuracy of feedback or other content posted by users on our sites;
- the capability of sellers to sell items;
- the ability of buyers to pay for items, or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return an item.
- the truth or accurateness of listings;
We use methods with the purpose to verify the accuracy and truth of the information provided by our users. Twenty Ninth Store cannot and does not confirm, and is not responsible for guaranteeing, the accuracy or truthfulness of users' claimed identities or the legitimacy of the information which they provide to us or post on our site.
We (including our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, advocates, officers, directors, agents and employees) shall not be liable to you in contract, offence (including negligence) or otherwise for any business losses, such as loss of data, profits, revenue, business, opportunity, goodwill, reputation or business interruption or for any losses which are not reasonably foreseeable by us arising, directly or indirectly, out of your use of or your inability to use our sites and services.
Regardless of the previous paragraphs, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees (under Twenty Ninth Store Fees and Services) you paid to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, or (b) £100.
Some authorities do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Nothing in this Agreement shall limit or exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees or for any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Access and Interference to Twenty Ninth Store
Much of the information on our site is updated on a real-time basis and is exclusive or is licensed to Twenty Ninth Store by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access or bypass our site for any purpose without our express hand-written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not:
- take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- hamper or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our site or any activities conducted on or with our site; or
- bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to stop or restrict access to our site.
- copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content (except for Your Information) from our sites without the prior expressed written permission of Twenty Ninth Store and the appropriate third party, as applicable;
By using the Site in any manner, including but not limited to visiting or browsing the Site, you (the "user" or "you") agree to be bound by this Agreement, including those additional terms and conditions and policies referred to here and/or available by hyperlink. This Agreement applies to all users of the Site, including without limitation users who are sellers, customers, merchants, contributors of content, information and other materials or services on the Site.
Welcome to Twenty Ninth Store
Twenty Ninth Store delivers a platform to support emerging and established businesses. Twenty Ninth Store is a retail website which provides a platform for stores which are small businesses selling their own label brands.
Twenty Ninth Store provides a place to discover unique brands from stores. We reserve the right to remove sellers that do not fall within this framework at any time.
Twenty Ninth Store supports originality and small / niche businesses.
The Twenty Ninth Store team reserves the right to remove any listing which they feel does not meet requirements or breaches third party’s intellectual property rights. You must ensure that their intellectual property rights are used only where it is necessary to indicate the intended purpose, in accordance with intellectual property law.
Your relationship with Twenty Ninth Store
Twenty Ninth Store acts as a site to allow users, who comply with this agreement. Twenty Ninth Store policies to offer, sell and buy certain fashion goods within a fixed-price format. Twenty Ninth Store acts as a service between buyers and sellers. As a result, Twenty Ninth Store has no control over the quality, safety, morality or legality of any aspect of the items listed, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to pay for items. Twenty Ninth Store does not pre-screen content or information provided by users. Twenty Ninth Store cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. Consequently, Twenty Ninth Store cannot and does not transfer legal ownership of items from the seller to the buyer.
Twenty Ninth Store cannot guarantee the true identity, age, and nationality of a user and encourages you to communicate directly with potential transaction partners through the tools available on the Site and asks that you do not arrange to meet users from the Site in person.
You agree that Twenty Ninth Store is a site and as such is not responsible or liable for any content, for example, data, text, information, usernames, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links posted by you, other users, or outside parties on Twenty Ninth Store. You use the Twenty Ninth Store service at your own risk.
Setting up an account with us
Twenty Ninth Store services are accessible only to, and may only be used by, persons who are 18 years and older who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. Twenty Ninth Store may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer access to or use of the Site to any person or entity and may change its eligibility criteria at any time without notice to you. This delivery is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Site is revoked in such jurisdictions.
You agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content. You are responsible for all applicable taxes payable as a result of your activity on the Site. In addition, you agree to abide by Twenty Ninth Store’s policies as stated in this Agreement and listed below (if applicable to your activities on or use of the Site) as well as all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on the Site by Twenty Ninth Store, each of which is incorporated herein by reference and each of which may be updated by Twenty Ninth Store from time to time without notice to you:
- Copyright Policy
In addition, a few services available through the Site may be subject to additional terms and conditions published by Twenty Ninth Store from time to time; your use of such services is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are included into this Agreement by this reference.
Twenty Ninth Store reserves the right to temporarily remove stores at any time should products be deemed by Twenty Ninth Store unsuitable for the current period. Twenty Ninth Store will first access and discuss with you before removing your store for such reasons and will also discuss how and when to re-establish your store at a future date. If Twenty Ninth Store has made reasonable attempts to contact you to discuss removing your store without success, it may remove your store without further notice.
Keep your password secure. You are fully responsible for all activity, liability and damage resulting from your failure to maintain password confidentiality. You agree to immediately inform Twenty Ninth Store of any unauthorised use of your password or any breach of security. You also agree that Twenty Ninth Store cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to keep your password secure. You agree not to provide your username and/or password information to any other party other than
Twenty Ninth Store without Twenty Ninth Store’s written permission.
You must keep your account information up-to-date and correct at all times, including a valid email and address. To sell items on Twenty Ninth Store, you must provide and maintain a valid information and postal address.
You may not transfer or sell your Twenty Ninth Store account and User ID to another party. If you are registering as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement.
Twenty Ninth Store may only hold and run one active selling account at any one time and the selling account must only be operated by the named account holder. If a secondary account is required, then the store must request prior written permission from Twenty Ninth Store. Twenty Ninth Store reserves the right to reject any such request and may, at its discretion, terminate additional selling accounts or selling accounts being operated by a person other than the named account holder without prior warning.
Feedback: Twenty Ninth Store takes feedback very seriously. Sellers may offer small incentives for general feedback; however, manipulation and/or bribery is not tolerated. This includes feedback from a related account, offering incentives/bribes in return for specific feedback. The team reserve the right to remove any feedback which it suspects has been posted as a result of such manipulation or bribery and may close the seller account to which it relates.
Twenty Ninth Store reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time. Twenty Ninth Store’s services are not available to temporarily or indefinitely suspended Twenty Ninth Store members. Twenty Ninth Store reserves the right, Twenty Ninth Store sole discretion, to cancel unconfirmed or inactive accounts.
If your application to become a store seller on Twenty Ninth Store is approved, you must launch your store within 90 days of submitting your application. Failure to do so will result in your account being deemed inactive. If you wish to launch your store after this time you will need to re-apply and start the application process again regardless of previous application success.
Fees and Services
Twenty Ninth Store charges a percentage of the sale price when the item sells. Twenty Ninth Store features & feesare subject to change, are incorporated into this Agreement by reference. Increase to the Features & Fees for Twenty Ninth Store’s services are effective after Twenty Ninth Store provides you with at least thirty (30) days' notice by posting the changes on the Site. However, Twenty Ninth Store may select to provisionally change the fees & features for its services for promotional events; such changes are effective when Twenty Ninth Store posts the temporary promotional event on the Site. Twenty Ninth Store may decrease the fees as stated in the Fees & Features with no notice to you. Twenty Ninth Store may, at its sole discretion, change some or all Twenty Ninth Store services at any time. In the event Twenty Ninth Store introduces a new service, the fees for that service are effective at the launch of the new service. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in UK Pounds (GBP).
Store accounts must stay up to date with all fees owed or the account may be suspended until all outstanding fees are paid in full. In the event that a stores product count falls to zero their storefront will no longer show on site, but the monthly store fee will still be debited from the stores owner’s account until the account has been officially closed or downgraded (if membership fees apply). A store account can be closed or downgraded at any time and it is the responsibility of the store owner to manually terminate their store status from their account.
All fees are inclusive of UK VAT where applicable. In certain circumstances fees will not be subject to UK VAT but you may be liable to indirect taxes in your own country. Twenty Ninth Store recommends that you research whether you are liable to declare such taxes to the relevant tax authorities. A valid VAT identification number is required from EU sellers who are VAT-registered. EU sellers are liable to notify Twenty Ninth Store of any change in VAT status.
Fees and Termination: If Twenty Ninth Store terminates a listing or your account, if you close your account, or if the payment of your Twenty Ninth Store fees cannot be completed for any reason, you remain obligated to pay Twenty Ninth Store for all unpaid fees plus any penalties, if applicable. If the seller's account is not paid in full, the seller risks penalties such as the suspension of privileges, termination of the account and/or legal action. If you have a question or wish to dispute a charge, contact Twenty Ninth Store.
Listing and selling on Twenty Ninth Store's platform
By listing an item on the Site, you warrant that you and all aspects of the item comply with Twenty Ninth Store’s published policies. You also warrant that you may legally sell the item. You must accurately describe your item and all terms of sale in your listing.Your listings may only include text descriptions, pictures and other content relevant to the sale of that item. All items must be listed in an appropriate category with appropriate tags. You must not list an item more than once, unless the item’s listing has naturally expired. If the "in stock" quantity is more than one, all items in that listing must be identical with the only exception being minor variations arising from items being hand-finished which must be included on the listing.
All sales are binding. The seller is responsible for shipping up to the point of delivery or otherwise completing the transaction with the buyer within 20 days, unless there is an exceptional circumstance, such as: (a) the buyer fails to meet the terms of the seller's listing (such as payment method), or (b) the seller cannot authenticate the buyer's identity. The buyer is obligated to deliver appropriate payment for items purchased, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
The price stated in each item listing description must be an accurate representation of the sale. Sellers may charge reasonable shipping and handling fees to cover the costs for packaging and posting the items. Sellers may not charge excessive shipping fees or otherwise avoid fees. You may not alter the item's price after a sale for the purpose of avoiding Twenty Ninth Store transaction fees, misrepresent the item's location, or use another user's account without permission. Sellers may not encourage buyers to purchase an item listed on Twenty Ninth Store outside of the Twenty Ninth Store site, such as directly through PayPal or other third-party providers. This may also constitute fee avoidance.We provide a currency converter tool to allow you to see an approximate cost in selected currencies. The currency data is regularly updated from multiple sources to create one guideline rate. This guidance rate may differ to that offered by PayPal or your card provider. The correct billing amount in GBP will always be displayed before you enter your payment details.
Sellers may issue promotional codes for promotional purposes only and these are to be used against purchases from the issuing seller’s store’s only. Promotional codes have no cash value and cannot be exchanged for money or credit. Sellers are expressly prohibited from selling promotional codes for their store, Twenty Ninth Store and/or the Twenty Ninth Store website. If the Seller is found to be selling promotional codes, this may constitute fee avoidance.
Prohibited, infringing items, and activities
You are solely responsible for your conduct and activities on and regarding to Twenty Ninth Store and any and all data, text, information, usernames, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links (together, "Content") that you submit, post, and display on Twenty Ninth Store Copyright Policy. Restricted Activities: Your Content and your use of Twenty Ninth Store:
1. Must not be false, inaccurate or deceptive
2. Must not be fraudulent or involve the sale of illegal, counterfeit or stolen items
3. Must not involve the sale of real fur items.
4. Must not infringe upon any third-party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy (see also, Twenty Ninth Store’s Copyright Policy.
5. Must not breach this Agreement, any site policy or community guidelines, or any applicable law or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising)
6. Must not contain items that have been identified as risky to consumers
7. Must not be offensive, unlawfully threatening, unlawfully harassing, impersonate or intimidate any person (including Twenty Ninth Store staff or other users), or incorrectly state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, through for example, the use of similar email address, nicknames, or creation of false account(s) or any other method or device
8. Must not be obscenev
9. Must not contain or transmit any code of a destructive nature that may damage, interfere with, intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information
10. Must not modify, adapt or hack Twenty Ninth Store or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Twenty Ninth Store;
11. Must not link directly or indirectly, reference or contain descriptions of goods or services that are prohibited under this Agreement or other policy documents as posted on Twenty Ninth Store.
By uploading Content to Twenty Ninth Store you promise that you own and/or have the right to use such Content in this manner and that such Content does not infringe any third-party intellectual property rights. In the event that Twenty Ninth Store receives a complaint in respect of any Content posted by you it shall be your sole responsibility to deal with such a complaint and to compensate Twenty Ninth Store for any loss suffered. Twenty Ninth Store reserves the right to remove any such Content immediately.
By uploading images to Twenty Ninth Store, you agree that Twenty Ninth Store has the right to use your images to promote Twenty Ninth Store and/or your boutique store in any external press as well as across all Twenty Ninth Store Websites and Twenty Ninth Store social media channels.
By posting Content on Twenty Ninth Store, it is possible for an outside website or a third party to re-post that Content. You agree to hold Twenty Ninth Store harmless for any dispute concerning this use. If you choose to display your own Twenty Ninth Store hosted image on another website, the image must provide a link back to its listing page on Twenty Ninth Store.
Idea Submissions: Twenty Ninth Store considers any unsolicited suggestions, ideas, proposals or other material submitted to it by users via the Site or otherwise (other than the Content and the tangible items sold on the Site by users) (collectively, the "Material") to be non-confidential and non-proprietary, and Twenty Ninth Store shall not be liable for the disclosure or use of such Material. If, at Twenty Ninth Store request, any member sends Material to improve the site (for example to customer support), Twenty Ninth Store will also consider that Material to be non-confidential and non-proprietary and Twenty Ninth Store will not be liable for use or disclosure of the Material. Any communication by you Twenty Ninth Store is subject to this Agreement. You hereby grant and agree to grant Twenty Ninth Store, under all of your rights in the Material, a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid, sublicensable and transferable right and license to incorporate, use, publish and exploit such Material for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, including but not limited to incorporating it in the systems, documentation, or any product or service, without compensation or accounting to you and without further recourse by you.
Interactions with other users and private messaging
Users are solely responsible for interactions with others. Users understand that Twenty Ninth Store does not in any way screen its users. All users agree to exercise caution and good judgment in all interactions with others, particularly if meeting offline or in person.
Messaging is your way to communicate privately with other Twenty Ninth Store members. It’s essentially email, but purely for Twenty Ninth Store members. Messages are primarily intended for communicating about transactions and orders that are underway.
- You must not use Messages to send unsolicited advertising or promotions, request samples, loans, donations or "spam”. You must not pass on email addresses or any other information on to third parties.
- Please use common sense when giving out personal information to others via messaging, for example don’t send someone your credit card details.
- You must not use messages to knowingly harass, threaten, blackmail or abuse another member.
- If someone explicitly tells you not to contact them, you must not use messages to contact them again, unless you are involved in an open transaction.
- You must not use messages to interfere with a transaction. This means: You must not contact another member to buy or sell an item listed on Twenty Ninth Store outside of the Twenty Ninth Store site. This may also constitute fee avoidance. You must not communicate with a member involved in an active or completed transaction to warn the member away from a particular buyer, seller or item.
As an anti-spam measure, sending too many messages too quickly may auto-disable your account. Contact our team will review account activity and enable your account if spam-free.
Twenty Ninth Store does not control the Content provided by users that is made available on Twenty Ninth Store. You may find some Content to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive. There are also risks of dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretence.
Additionally, there may also be risks dealing with international trade. By using Twenty Ninth Store, you agree to accept such risks and that Twenty Ninth Store (Twenty Ninth Store’s officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) is not responsible for any acts or omissions of users on Twenty Ninth Store. Please use caution, common sense, and practice safe buying and selling when using Twenty Ninth Store. Other Resources:Twenty Ninth Store is not responsible for the availability of outside websites or resources linked to or referenced on the Site. Twenty Ninth Store does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. You agree that Twenty Ninth Store shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or resources or via pop ups which may appear when accessing the Site from your computer.
Resolution of disputes and release
In the event a dispute arises between you and Twenty Ninth Store, please contact Twenty Ninth Store.
Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Use of the Site is not authorised in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of the Agreement, including without limitation, this section. Should you have a dispute with one or more users, or an outside party, you release Twenty Ninth Store (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Twenty Ninth Store, for the benefit of users, may try to help users resolve disputes, at their request. Twenty Ninth Store does so in its sole discretion, and it has no obligation to resolve disputes between users or between users and outside parties. To the extent Twenty Ninth Store attempts to resolve a dispute it will do so in good faith based solely on this agreement and its policies.
Twenty Ninth Store's intellectual property
Twenty Ninth Store, and other Twenty Ninth Store graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks or trade dress of Twenty Ninth Store and its subsidiaries. Twenty Ninth Store’s copyright, trademarks, service marks, logos, business name, domain name, rights in get up and trade dress and all other intellectual property rights may not be used, including without limitation as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names or email addresses, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
Without limiting any other remedies Twenty Ninth Store may, without notice, and without refunding any fees, delay or immediately remove Content, warn Twenty Ninth Store’s community of a user's actions, issue a warning to a user, temporarily suspend a user, temporarily or indefinitely suspend a user's account privileges, terminate a user's account, prohibit access to the Site, and take technical and legal steps to keep a user off the Site and refuse to provide services to a user if any of the following apply:
- Twenty Ninth Store is unable to verify or authenticate any of your personal information or Content
- Twenty Ninth Store believes that a user is acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of Twenty Ninth Store’s policies and/or this Agreement, has engaged in improper or fraudulent activity in connection with Twenty Ninth Store or the actions may cause legal liability or financial loss to Twenty Ninth Store’s users or to Twenty Ninth Store.
Ending our relationship
1. If at any time you decide you can no longer agree to these Terms of Service or any changes made to the Terms of Service or the Service, you must immediately stop using the Service.
2. If you wish to end your use of the Service, please contact us at [email protected] from the email address linked to your account and ask us to deactivate your Account. Where such request comes from someone who is not the account holder, we may ask you to provide proof of who you are and your relationship to the User in question, and any other documents we may reasonable require.
3. We may immediately end your use of the Service if you break the Rules of Acceptable Use, any other important rule(s), or terms and conditions we set for accessing and using the Service including these Terms of Service.
4. We may also withdraw the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time and without any liability to you.
5. If you or we end your use of the Service or we withdraw the Service as described in this clause, we may delete or modify your User Content, Account or any other information we hold about you. You will also lose any rights you have to use the Service or access our content or your User Content. We will not offer you compensation for any losses. You should note that even if your Account is deactivated, some of your data may persist and appear within the Service, for example where your User Content has been re-shared by others.
TWENTY NINTH STORE, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND SUPPLIERS PROVIDE TWENTY NINTH STORE’S WEB SITE AND SERVICES "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. TWENTY NNTH STORE ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND SUPPLIERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN ADDITION, NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM TWENTY NINTH STORE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
IN NO EVENT SHALL TWENTY NINTH STORE, AND (AS APPLICABLE) ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SITE, TWENTY NINTH STORE’S SERVICES, OR THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. TWENTY NINTH STORE’S LIABILITY, AND (AS APPLICABLE) THE LIABILITY OF TWENTY NINTH STORE’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND SUPPLIERS, TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU PAY TO TWENTY NINTH STORE IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, OR (B) £100.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD TWENTY NINTH STORE AND (AS APPLICABLE) TWENTY NINTH STORE’S PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES, HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND, INCLUDING REASONABLE LEGAL FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY DUE TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT OR THE DOCUMENTS IT INCORPORATES BY REFERENCE, OR YOUR BREACH OF ANY LAW OR THE RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY.
Twenty Ninth Store does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the Site, and operation of the Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside Twenty Ninth Store’s control or otherwise.
Legal compliance and taxes
You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws and regulations regarding your use of the Site and any Twenty Ninth Store service and, if applicable, your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items. In addition, you shall be responsible for paying any and all taxes applicable to any purchases or sales of items you make on the Site.
If any provision of this Agreement is held unenforceable, then such provision will be modified to reflect the parties' intention. All remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
You and Twenty Ninth Store are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
Twenty Ninth Store service & changes
We are constantly updating and improving the Service to try and find ways to provide you with new and innovative features and services. Improvements and updates are also made to reflect changing technologies, tastes, behaviours and the way people use the Internet and our Service.
Choice of law
This Agreement shall in all respects be interpreted and governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Sections What is Twenty Ninth Store Is A Venue, Membership Eligibility, Fees And Services, Listing And Selling, Prohibited, Questionable And Infringing Items And Activities, Content, Information Control, Interactions With Other Users And Private Messaging, Resolution Of Disputes And Release, Twenty Ninth Store’s Intellectual Property, Breach, Privacy, No Warranty, Liability Limit, Indemnity, No Guarantee, Legal Compliance; Taxes, Severability, No Agency, Twenty Ninth Store’s Service, Choice of Law, Survival, Notices, Disclosures shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices shall be given by post to Twenty Ninth Store; 20-22 Wenlock Road, N17GU, London, UK (in the case of Twenty Ninth Store) or, in your case, to the email address you provide to Twenty Ninth Store (either during the registration process or when your email address changes). Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, Twenty Ninth Store may give you notice by post to the address provided to Twenty Ninth Store. In such case, notice shall be deemed given three days after the date of posting.
Please note that Twenty Ninth Store will deal with all complaints (on valid receipt of your notice) as soon as they can and within a reasonable timeframe.
For issues with intellectual property, please provide the notice as specified in Twenty Ninth Store copyright policy.
The services hereunder are offered by Twenty Ninth Store Limited, 20-22 Wenlock Road, N17GU London, United Kingdom
Contact, feedback, and complaints
If you need to contact us in relation to these Terms of Service or any other document mentioned in them, please email us at [email protected] with the subject line 'Terms of Service'.
We value hearing from our users and are always interested in knowing about ways we can improve the Service. By providing your feedback you agree that you are giving up any rights you have in your feedback so that we may use and allow others to use it without any restriction and without any payment to you.
The product photography
It is important to have pictures that invite customers to click on your product. You could hire a model and photographer (we can help with this) It’s also important that you follow our guidelines, which include only using images that you have the ownership to.
See the optimal sizes for images on your storefront below:
Product Image :- 440 * 640
Seller Image :- 580 * 388
Seller Logo :- 230 * 152
Titles / Descriptions
The product title assists with the search engine and benefits products to gain more recognition. So make sure its suitable!
The description is significant for selling your clothing and accessories. To ensure customers know of key features, for example: the fabric, size and condition.
Customers are shrewd and won’t pay over the odds for an item that someone else is selling for less. If you are a more luxury brand, then make this clear so our customers understand what they’re getting for the high price.
As you’re operating under Twenty Ninth Store, we want to ensure all of our stores preserve a high standard of customer service at all times. Your customer service must meet or exceed the customer service levels set to function.
Shop around for shipping carriers so you can offer the best value and delivery times for your customers. Once you’ve sold an item, items need to be delivered in their described condition and in a timely manner.
Customers will have a certain expectation when it comes to how items are packaged. Little touches like a note or wrapping your items in tissue paper can help build up positive feedback and a loyal following for your store.
Level of service that you must deliver to run a store:
- Aim to progress into a top-rated seller
- List great products
- Communication with Twenty Ninth Store & the customer
- Trustworthy shipping and returns
- Certify that items are sent within 2 working days max (with a concise shipping confirmation, unless the item is custom made)
- Uphold feedback at 90% + to run a store
- Act in a respectful way regarding any disputes
- Warrant that returns & refunds are processed within 2 working days max
Custom made or / made-to-order items should be shipped within the timeframe you have given your customers, remember to clearly label any custom products as such in the titles and descriptions.
Orders must be shipped within two working days following payment (public holidays are not counted as working days)
Quick replies to customer requests
Shipping approximations must be accurate (if any external delays occur, please make it clear on the listing)
A shipping note should be included within all parcels sent out to the customers
Make sure to send customers a shipping confirmation, once the item has been shipped and include when the package was posted and a tracking number
Refunds or exchanges must be processed within two working days following receipt of returned goods (public holidays are not counted as working days)
Depending on the nature of the return (unwanted, wrong item, not as described, faulty), you may need to refund original postage charges and additional return postage charges
Once a customer has placed an order, respond right away if possible or within one working day at the latest (public holidays are not counted as working days)
Remember to include a shipping note with exchanges
Returns are normal with any business that operates sales online.
While you are not obliged to accept returns, it is usually better to accept a return.
This increases the chance of repeat customers and positive feedback rather than leaving a dissatisfied customer.
Full item cost (it is optional to also refund the shipping fee)
Full item cost and standard shipping fee if returned under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 (it’s optional to include the full shipping fee) Full item cost plus original shipping fee and return shipping fee
All customers are asked to submit feedback after a purchase has been made
If you want to raise a dispute with negative feedback left on your store, you must do this within one week of the feedback being left by emailing [email protected]
Customers can only revise feedback to be better than their original feedback and comments can be revised up to 45 days after the order date. Customers are usually happy to revise feedback if circumstances have improved or been corrected
The Twenty Ninth Store feedback tool is for genuine customer feedback. Twenty Ninth Store will not tolerate manipulation. False feedback will result in termination of your store.
Give your customer the benefit of the doubt. Most issues are usually the result of a simple miscommunication or mistaken assumption
Restricted items & animal welfare
Endangered species or materials derived from vulnerable or endangered species
Real fur or pelts must not be used in products sold through Twenty Ninth Store
Bone, shell, horn and teeth / Pearl and mother of pearl / Real silk (ensure faux silk is described as such)
Feathers and down must not be used in products, nor as a background or photoshoot item
Animal imagery that is sensitive to animals and their environment
Illegal drugs or glamorising drugs in any form
Mental health designs or slogans that belittle mental health issues
Body image designs or slogans that encourage body shaming
Guns, weapons and violence in any form (unless fantasy/cartoon)
Cigarettes and alcohol content that promotes unhealthy behaviour
Religion defacing or making fun of religious leaders, festivals or leaders/gods/deities or religious symbols
Race and culture designs or slogans that could cause offense to people of different races or cultures copyright infringement